script src='http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js' type='text/javascript'/>

Monday, May 25, 2015

Be Grateful!

I admit, I can be a high strung, at times stressed (for no real reason) person!  My husband will most definitely agree!  I am very hard on myself, I always want to do everything perfectly, and I always want to out do myself.  My hubby, in some ways, also benefits from that.  I always have to get him a better Christmas present than the previous year!

When we found out we were going to have a baby, I wanted to make sure I was calm, cool and collected, not only in order to have a healthy pregnancy, but to then be a calm mother.  I don't remember when we started this, but it was husband's idea.  We were going to start saying what we were grateful for every night before starting dinner.  I got my hand slapped a few times for forgetting and taking a bite of my dinner before we shared what we were grateful for.

Who knew this small and simple addition to our daily routine would make such a change in my attitude and outlook on life.  No matter how s****y my day, I HAD to share something that was good.  It can be as simple as "I got to take a shower today!".  That was enough, and I could eat my delicious dinner!  Although I still have work to do, I do find myself to be a more positive, calm and grateful person.  I am grateful for the life I have, and now I take the time to remember that EVERY DAY!  Kingsley now witnesses his mommy and daddy show happiness and gratitude every day for what they have, and just like us, he will do the same...  When he can talk, of course!

Take the time every day to share what you're grateful for. If not with another person, maybe write it down or just think it. Over time, it will have an enormous impact on your life. I promise.

Today, I am grateful for this moment:


Today, I am also grateful for our new home and that my husband has the space to do what he loves!  He has quite the green thumb!


S

No comments:

Post a Comment