script src='http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js' type='text/javascript'/>

Saturday, May 9, 2015

To my Mom

Mom,

This year's Mother's Day is extra special for me.  Not only because it's my first as a mother, but also because I now understand and appreciate all you have done for me more than I ever have before.  So I want to take a moment to say thank you.

Thank you for staying up with me at night when I was sick.  Thank you for putting your job on hold and staying home with me for the first 4 years of my life.  Thank you for the countless hours of laundry and cooking and cleaning.  Thank you for putting me in time out when I needed it and saying "no" when I least wanted to hear it, but needed to because you were right.  Thank you for being my taxi driver and spending hours at the barn with me and thank you for being my biggest supporter.  But most importantly thank you for loving me unconditionally and being my Maman. I am so lucky to have you and I am so happy that J now gets to have you as a Grand-Maman. 




I love you, je t'aime, je t'adore à mort!
Xoxo
Julie























--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had heard it many times before: "You won't know what love is until you have a child of your own."  I kind of understood, but then thought, "Well, I have a husband and family members that I really love!  It should be kind of like that, right?"

Not quite...  Although I do love all of those people oh so much, the love I have for K is inexplicable!  It is greater than I can put into words!  Now that I know what loving my own child feels like, I understand how much my mother loved and (hopefully ;) ) still loves me, and I am so, so, SO grateful to have a mother who loves me that much.

To my mom who has worked hard her whole life for us and who continues to give her time and attention to me when I need it, THANK YOU!  To a caring, loving, generous woman who listens to my long rants over the phone on a regular basis, THANK YOU!   To a new grandma who truly adores my son and spoils him so much, I love you!

To all of the mothers out there, you are incredible for all that you do for your child or children.  You are strong, hard working, giving and pretty much a super hero!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

S



No comments:

Post a Comment